Junior Ranger Days
Join our Outdoor Centre team and get stuck in as you experience life as a ranger on Brownsea Island.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Get to grips with the tools we use for the job with training given on the day, You'll help us with conservation tasks and learn about some of the wildlife that calls Brownsea home. Warm up round the camp fire at lunch time with marshmallows provided, followed by an afternoon session of outdoor adventure activities and wild skills.
Event ticket prices
|1 adult, up to 3 children||£13.20||£11.85|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please note that the ferry fare (not National Trust) applies to all visitors.
DWT members who are solely visiting the DWT area, are not required to pay the NT admission
- Booking details
- Call 01202707744
- Suitable for children ages 8+
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the outdoor centre which is a 25 minute walk from the main quay on Brownsea so please ensure you catch an early enough boat to arrive on time.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sturdy footwear and sensible outdoor clothing paying special attention to recent and current weather conditions.
- All terrain wheelchairs and pushchairs are available, advanced booking is advisable. Please contact public ferries regarding wheelchair access.
- This event requires one accompanying adult per three children. The price includes per child for the event and their entry. One accompanying adult may come in for free. Boat fares still apply. On arrival, please make yourself known to the visitor reception. Lunch is not provided so please bring your own. Please phone the Brownsea office to book.
|19 February 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 February 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|8 April 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|15 April 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|27 May 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|