Timed entry to Dolaucothi (28 July - 1 Aug)
Book your timed entry to visit Dolaucothi.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member.
Please follow Welsh Government regulations when you visit. Contact information, including the name and telephone number from your booking, is legally required to be shared with the NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect Service if requested.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your entry slot so that your visit can begin promptly.
The Roman guided tour experience lasts for 75 minutes, and will end with gold panning experience on the mine yard.
Mine yard toilets are open, the field centre, the machine sheds and the wider estate is open for you to enjoy at your leisure.
The shop and café are closed, you are welcome to bring your own picnic.
Please note: Children are welcome but must be over 1m in height.
Dogs on short leads are allowed everywhere.
Event ticket prices
Adult £10.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £5.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £15.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £25.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- The Roman mine experience is active and largely outdoors. There are over 70 steps of differing height to the entrance of the mine, the floor is mostly gravel with some muddy areas. Practical footwear is required, no open toed shoes. Children are welcome, but must be able to wear a hard hat and not be carried for the entire 75 minute tour. As a guide we ask that children are over 1m in height.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest Welsh government legislation. Face coverings are required in indoor spaces, unless you’re exempt, so please bring one with you. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.