Make your own kite
Tick off No.7 from the 50 things to do before you're 11 and ¾ list and make your own kite at Rainham Hall
- Booking not needed
Once you're finished making your kite you can take it outside into the garden and test it out. We recommend the hill as the best spot to fly your kite when there is a bit of wind in the air. Simple toys such as kites would have been played with by young people during the Second World War era when Rainham Hall was used as a day nursery for local children. Before the 1960s, toys were expensive and most children had only a few, treasured items, or they made their own.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01708 525579
- Suitable for 5-12 year olds.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The Hayloft (first floor of the Stables Café).
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress warmly and for the outdoors.
- The Hayloft is located on the first floor of the Stables, and accessed by both a staircase and accessible lift.
|14 February 2018||11:00 - 12:00||Available|