The Secret Language of Trees
Discover the secrets of the woodlands at Polesden Lacey on this ranger-led tour. Taking place every Monday and Wednesday from 28 February until 27 April.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Unlocking some of Polesden Lacey's natural treasures, this fascinating tour focuses on the trees and woodlands. Discover amazing facts about these majestic plants as you breathe in the peace and tranquillity of a landscape that has changed little since Medieval times. It is also an opportunity to learn what goes into conserving the woodland to ensure it can be enjoyed by generations to come.
Please note that the tour is free but booking is essential and normal admission rates apply.
Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 2 children||£23.10||£21.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
The gardens, estate, shop, and cafe at Polesden Lacey are open all year. The house is open daily from 1 Mar - 30 Oct. See Opening Times for more information.
Please note that child tickets are for those aged between 5 and 17 years. Under 5s can visit for free.
Members park for free. Please scan your membership card on the car park machine. Non-members: £2 up to and including 2 hours, £5 all day.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- This event is most suited for adults.
- Meeting point
- Arrive at Visitor Reception at 10.45am to pick up your wooden token and then walk to the Bird Hide where the ranger will meet you to start the tour at 11.00am.
- What to bring and wear
- Sturdy footwear is essential as is suitable outdoor clothing to suit the weather conditions.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users. A reasonable level of fitness will be required.
- Please allow time to walk from the car park to the Bird Hide (approximately 15 minutes). The tour will last approximately two hours. This event is most suited to adults and children over 10 years old. - There will be a maximum of 10 participants per session.