Timed entry to Tintagel Old Post Office (26 July - 1 Aug)
Book your timed entry to visit Tintagel Old Post Office.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
Each booking slot is one hour long and begins with a welcome talk, followed by a self-led visit of the house following a set route. Please aim to arrive 5 minutes before your slot is due to begin so that we can take your booking details. Please note, your slot is not an arrival time - each visit is limited to one hour. Note: the route may differ slightly depending on factors such as the weather or the number of households that arrive. Room notes are available in English, German, French, Dutch and Italian to supplement the visit and staff/volunteers are on hand for further questions.
All five rooms of the house and the cottage garden are open.
The second hand book stall will be open in the cottage garden on fair weather days and there are a small number of property souvenirs available to buy in the post room.
Please note, there are no toilets on site. The nearest facilities are in Trevena Square, approximately 50 yards away (not National Trust).
Assistance dogs only in the house and garden.
Event ticket prices
Adult £5.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £2.50Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £7.50
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £12.50
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- Tintagel Old Post Office is a very old house, as such, there are narrow doorways, uneven floors and low beams. Access to the first-floor bedrooms can only be made via narrow and steep staircases - however an access folder exists to explain these rooms to visitors. The ground floor and cottage garden are wheelchair accessible with a portable ramp available. There is a hearing loop at the house.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.