The Devil's Dyke fungi hunt, part 1
Join mycologist, Martin Allinson and the National Trust for a day of recording as many species of fungi as possible, across glorious Newtimber Hill on the South Downs, near Brighton.
- Booking not needed
The order of the day:
Meet at Saddlescombe Learning Barn.
Go out hunting for fungi in Newtimber ancient woods and across open downland.
Lunch, with glorious views across Sussex.
Return to Saddlescombe farm for a well-deserved cup of tea and cake in our heated learning barn.
Go through our finds with expert mycologist, Martin Allison and look at some of the more interesting species with our microscopes.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0345 249 1895
- Children welcome if accompanied by an adult
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Saddlescombe Farm, near Devil's Dyke. BN45 7DE. Please park in the layby opposite the farm and follow signs to the learning barn.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring lunch, suitable clothing and bags of enthusiasm. Tea and cake will be provided when we arrive back at Saddlescombe.
- This will be a long, slow but superb walk over some steep hills.
|23 October 2020||09:30 - 15:00||Available|