Painting Workshop with Ellie Verrecchia
A colourful experience making your own hand-painted postcard, guided by gallery artist Ellie, using simple techniques in pencil, pen and paint. Our observations of the plants and Salcombe estuary will inspire the perfect memento of your day.
- Booking essential
Ellie Verrecchia is a local artist who specialises in seascapes inspired by her surroundings here in Devon. Ellie has recently been awarded Arts Council funding for a year's studio practice at the Newlyn School of Art. Ellie will be running a two hour class for up to 5 people in which she will help you create your own Garden - inspired canvas. All materials will be provided, and no experience is necessary. Entry to the garden is included for all participants in the workshop.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- Please book via the link or the telephone number.
- We ask that anybody under 18 is accompanied by a participating adult.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the Main Entrance Gates of Overbeck's Garden.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress weather appropriately - if rain is forecast, there is no indoor space so a large umbrella may be required.
- Overbecks Garden has limited parking and is accessed via a steep single track drive. It is recommended that visitors who are able walk in from Salcombe or East Soar NT Car Park where NT members park for free. The Garden has no accessible toilets, and is steep in places .
- Each class is for 5 people. The garden is open to the public, and the class will not be in a private place, so visitors will be actively enjoying their day out around you. Whilst there is a small conservatory, it may not have space for the class to retire to, and therefore it is advisable to come weather-proofed! Ellie will provide all materials which are included in the ticket price. You will be able to take your masterpiece home! The entry to the Garden is included in your ticket price, however, if you are bringing companions with you whilst you take part in the class, they will need to book their entry to the garden via the Overbecks Webpage. The class is intended for, and pitched at adults. For more information about Ellie, please look at her website ellieverrecchia.co.uk. The all important refreshments are just outside the front gates to the garden, at the converted horse box, and you are welcome to consume these in the garden, but we do ask you take the litter home with you. Toilets are available, but there are no accessible toilets at Overbecks.