World Book Day celebration
Join in our celebrations for World Book Day
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
To celebrate World Book Day, come dressed at your favourite book character. Join us for some storytelling in the castle towers. Bring along your World Book Day token and exchange it for one of the special £1 books or put it towards a book of your choice in our Castle Gift Shop.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Offer tickets (prices below) are applicable to those arriving via the Kent & East Sussex Railway and Bodiam Boating Station ferry. Visitors will be required to show their travel tickets from these providers.
Car Park: Non-members: £3.00 per car. NT members: Free.
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches: Free. Unbooked coaches: £50 charge.
- Children are particularly welcome.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Follow the signs to our storytelling sessions.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear warm clothing and sturdy shoes for this mainly outdoor site.
- Access to the castle is over uphill graveled paths. Wheelchair access is possible to the courtyard area of the castle and some of the rooms although they have raised thresholds.
- Dogs on short leads are permitted in the castle grounds and in Castle View Café but not in the castle itself, the shop or the tea room except Assistance Dogs. Pay & Display car parking charges apply. NT members, free. Non-NT members, £4 per car.
|5 March 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|6 March 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|7 March 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|8 March 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|