Timed tour of Mr Straw's House (29 July)
Book your tour of Mr Straw's House.
- Booking advisable
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers. To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
The whole property is now open for self led tours.
Please note your 10 minute slot is your arrival window in order for the tour to commence promptly. Your tour will commence promptly at the end of your booked slot, for example:
Arrival: 09:50 - 10:00 - the tour will start promptly at 10:00
Arrival: 10:05 - 10:15 - the tour will start promptly at 10:15
Arrival: 10:20 - 10:30 - the tour will start promptly at 10:30
Arrival: 10:35 - 10:45 - the tour will start promptly at 10:45
Access within groups of 4 people only every 15 minutes at the time specified at the beginning of your ticket. If you wish to visit with a larger group please book consecutive times.
Tours start with a short introduction to Mr Straw's House and are self led. All rooms are open with 2 display rooms in Warwick Villa on exit from the historic property.
No bags are allowed in the historic property but can be secured in reception.
Blyth Grove is a small residential street with parking opposite the property. The property is not accessible and includes 3 very steep flights of stairs.
Open for your visit this week: Limited retail offering and second hand bookshop.
No cafe or refreshments available.
Assistance dogs only allowed inside Mr Straw's House.
Event ticket prices
Adult £8.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £4.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- Please contact Mr Straw's House to discuss access requirements prior to booking. 3 very steep flights of stairs within the properties, handrail only on right hand side. Entrance into the property is via 3 steps.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.