Re-connect with nature: Birdsong workshop
Imagine if you could see birdsong. Technology meets the natural world in a day dedicated to exploring the science behind some wild sounds.
- Booking essential
Richard Baines, Director and Ecologist at Yorkshire Coast Nature delves deeper into the science of birdsong in a day long workshop aimed at beginners and more experienced birders alike. A walk via the woodlands and cliffs of Ravenscar to record bird calls and song will be followed by an indoor learning session. Sound files will be transformed into spectrograms, a visual representation of a sound frequency over time. A fascinating view into another world and an aid to learning new birdsong.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Booking line open daily, Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am - 4pm.
- Suitable for age 8 and up. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at the National Trust Peakside office base, Ravenscar, off the A171, YO13 0NE. Please park on the main road near Ravenscar Visitor Centre, follow signs down the track, bear right.
- What to bring and wear
- Sensible walking shoes advised. Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather. Tea and coffee are provided but please bring a packed lunch.
- Paths may be uneven and muddy in places following wet weather. Some slopes/steps.
- The workshop includes tuition time within a small group in a friendly learning environment , plus opportunities to use sound recording equipment and software. Light refreshments provided.
|2 June 2019||08:00 - 16:00||Available|