Open air theatre: As You Like It - Sat 16 July, 7.30pm
Bring along a picnic and settle down amongst the roses. The Lord Chamberlain's Men invite you to join them this summer for Shakespeare's sparkling comedy, As You Like It.
- Booking essential
One of the UK’s finest touring theatre companies present this great play as Shakespeare first saw it performed - in the open air, by an all male cast and with Elizabethan costumes, music and dance.
“Love is merely a madness!”
Separately, Rosalind and her dear friend Celia, the noble Orlando, and the usurped Duke Senior and his courtiers get banished and set up new lives in the Forest of Arden. Free from the constraints of their former lives lovers tussle, wits and fools spar, familial bonds are challenged, and everyone wrestles with what it really means to be yourself.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
In exile they become exultant as true love and true identity is found in the forest. This rustic romp packed with music, laughs, cross-dressing confusion and a dash of wrestling will keep you smiling to the last.
“All the world's a stage!”
Bring a chair and a picnic and prepare to be entertained and transported.
Book early to avoid missing out!
- Saturday 16 July, 7.30pm
- Friday 12 August, 7.30pm
Location: Rose Garden
Gates open at 6.30pm
Starts at 7.30pm
Ticket Adult: £18.50
Ticket Child: £10
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0208 852 5761
- Any enquiries please call 0208 852 5761 or email email@example.com
- Children welcome
- Meeting point
- Snuff mill bridge for ticket checking.
- What to bring and wear
- Wrap up warm as it can get chilly once the sun goes down.
- Accessible pathway into the rose garden and flat grass suitable for wheelchair users.
- Toilet facilities in the Stableyard and Snuff Mill. Potting Shed cafe opening time: 9am-4pm Stable yard cafe opening time: 10am-4pm (weekend) National Trust Garden Centre opening time: 10am-4pm