Mammal Bioblitz: Small Mammal Trapping
Join Ann and Rob from the Yorkshire Farming and Wildlife Partnership for a close up view of the small mammals that inhabit the alum works at Ravenscar.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Lend a hand with a small mammal survey of the alum works. Come face to face with voles, mice and possibly shrews too. See how data about each animal is measured and recorded, helping to build a vital picture of Ravenscar's small mammal population.
Part of a series of events and activities on the Yorkshire Coast to mark the Mammal Society's National Mammal Week, 21 - 29 October.
- Children are welcome, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Ravenscar Visitor Centre, YO13 0NE, signposted from A171 between Whitby and Scarborough. Roadside parking.
- What to bring and wear
- Warm clothing and sturdy shoes advised.
- The alum works are a walk of approximately 1.5km/1 mile from Ravenscar Visitor Centre. Includes slopes, some rough ground, possibly wet in places.
- Unfortunately we can't welcome dogs to this event. This is a free event, but donations are very welcome. Thank-you.
|29 October 2017||09:30 - 12:00||Available|