TALK Understanding plant names
Join Katie - senior gardener and plant researcher at Hidcote and learn the language of botanical Latin.
- Booking essential
If you've always been confounded by plant names then come along to this informative talk to learn the language of botanical Latin. You'll discover why a water lily isn't a lily but a tulip is, and that understanding the names of plants can teach you how to be a better gardener.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01386 438333
- Not suitable for children under 16.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Upon arrival, please make your way from the car park to the Chapel located in the front courtyard.
- What to bring and wear
- Please come dressed for the weather and please bring notebooks and pens if you wish to take notes.
- The winter lecture series will take place in the Chapel. Unfortunately mobility scooters aren't suitable in this building, however we do have wheelchairs on site. The lectures will be seated.
- Teas and coffees are provided on arrival. The talks will last 45 minutes. The garden will be open.
|13 April 2018||10:30 - 11:30||Available|