Bird Ringing Mornings 2019
Join our licenced bird ringers to learn about the variety of birds found on the Ness.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
See conservation in action by spending an hour with volunteers from the Landguard Bird Observatory to learn about this important part of our work.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Prices include ferry charge (applies to members). Tickets are limited and sold on the day only so please arrive early to avoid disappointment, especially at busy times.
- Children welcome.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the Rangers' Office, opposite lavatories, at 11.00 a.m.
- What to bring and wear
- Orford Ness is an exposed coastal site. Please wear clothing suitable for the weather.
- Access to Orford Ness is via a short river crossing and access to the boat requires negotiating steep, sometimes slippery steps. There is then a walk to the Rangers office.
- Please ensure you leave time to walk to Rangers' Office - cross on ferry by 10:20 a.m. May be cancelled due to weather.
|12 October 2019||11:00 - 12:00||Available|