Ecton Copper Mine Day Tour
Explore underground and overground on a fully guided tour of the copper mine in the Peak District that made a fortune for the Duke of Devonshire.
- Booking essential
Spend half the day underground exploring the inside of the mine. Visit the mine shaft and see the inner workings of a copper mine. Then spend half a day exploring Ecton Hill and the Engine House. This once housed a Boulton and Watt steam engine, one of the wonders of the industrial revolution.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01335350503
- Not suitable for children under 12
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Location details given at time of booking.
- What to bring and wear
- Warm outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear is essential. Please bring a picnic lunch.
- Event not suitable for those with limited mobility, dogs or young children. Please note, much of the tour involves walking or standing, with limited opportunities to sit down.
- Not suitable for dogs. Sturdy outdoor footwear and clothing essential. There is a very steep walk of approximately 1 mile to reach the engine house on the hill above the mine entrance. This will be taken at a steady pace, but should only be attempted by those prepared for the walk and with a fair level of fitness.
|11 September 2019||10:30 - 15:30||Postponed|
|21 September 2019||10:30 - 15:30||Sold out|