Dragon hunt at Bodiam Castle
Let your imagination fly on this family-friendly trail around the castle grounds.
- Booking not needed
- Admission applies
There are tales of dragons living at Bodiam Castle long ago, when it was built by a knight called Sir Edward. Can you spot signs of any dragons as you explore the castle grounds, and how would you talk to a dragon if you met one? Let your imagination fly on this family-friendly trail.
Saturday 23 July – Wednesday 31 August 10am - 4pm
Saturday 15 October – Sunday 30 October 10am - 4pm
Monday 31 October - Sunday 6 November 10am – 3pm
|Family, one adult||£18.20||£16.50|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free entry for National Trust members.
Free parking for National Trust members, non-members £4 per car.
Child ticket valid for anyone 5-17 years old. Under 5's free.
Family ticket valid for 2 adults and up to 3 children 5-17 years old.
- Suitable for families with primary school aged children.
- Meeting point
- Trail sheets available from visitor reception.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear clothing appropriate for the weather.
- This trail will sometimes be away from the gravelled paths. It includes walking over steep grassy hills and uneven ground (not suitable for wheelchairs). Further information is available on the facilities and access pages at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bodiam-castle
- £2 with a small prize. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Normal admission applies.