Themed Highlights House Tours - Leadership and Legacy
Explore the life and legacy of wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill through this new tour with our knowledgeable guide.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
This one hour intimate tour showcases Winston Churchill's most treasured awards, honours and gifts. Selected rooms of the house including exclusive access to Winston's bedroom.
Please book at least a day in advance as bookings can't be made on the day. Spaces limited to 8.
Event ticket prices
Adult £17.20Gift Aid
Child £8.60Gift Aid
- 2 Adults, up to 3 Children up to 12 yrs (Standard) £38.75
- 2 Adults, up to 3 Children up to 12 yrs (Gift Aid) £43.00
- NT member (With proof of membership on arrival) £0.00
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Last timed ticket entry into the house is at 3.50pm, with our Highlights tour (8 places max) at 4pm. Entry to house by timed ticket (every 10 mins; places limited) available from the visitor centre on the day, sold on a first come first served basis. Tickets can sell out on busy weekends and during holiday periods; we recommend arriving before midday to avoid disappointment. You can pre-book one of our afternoon slots (11.15am on a Bank Holiday) through our website if done at least 24hrs in advance.
Parking is £4 all day for non-members and free for any members.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Not suitable for children under the age of 12
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Head to the visitor welcome centre on arrival with your email confirmation to receive a ticket before going to the front of the house. The tour starts at 4pm.
- What to bring and wear
- Please leave large bags and luggage in your car. Comfortable shoes are recommended though we can provide heel protectors.
- The tour involves stairs to the first floor and smaller steps between rooms and isn't recommended for wheelchair users.
- In September 2016 our Keep Churchill at Chartwell appeal was launched with the aim of raising £7.1 million to secure many of Churchill's belongings for the nation. In addition to securing objects in the collection, money raised from the appeal is also enabling new rooms to be opened - the first of which is Winston Churchill's bedroom. Due to the small size of the bedroom, and the narrow one-way corridor leading to it, the room is only available to view on a themed highlights tour.
|28 May 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|4 June 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|11 June 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|18 June 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|25 June 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|2 July 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|9 July 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|16 July 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|23 July 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|30 July 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|6 August 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|13 August 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|20 August 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|27 August 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|3 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|10 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|17 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|1 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|8 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|