Bat Talk and Walk
Learn about these fascinating residents of Upton on an evening talk in Iris's Tea Room followed by a walk with our friendly bat experts.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Enjoy a short bat talk then join our guest ecologists and volunteers on a guided dusk walk around the grounds on a search for our favourite flying mammals. See what species you can find, use a bat detector, find out about their habits and habitats and enjoy a warm summer evening out.
Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children are very welcome, see further notes
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet the guides at Visitor Reception
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the weather and wear some sensible walking shoes! If possible please bring a torch or head torch.
- If you wish to discuss your access requirements, please contact the property.
- This event is aimed at adults and children. The initial talk will begin at 8pm, followed by a walk of approximately 1 hour ending at 10pm. Gates open at 7.30pm. There will be a significant amount of walking. Walking will be around the grounds of Upton which includes steps and hills. Attendee's should have moderate levels of fitness. The walk is not suitable for pushchairs. Children are very welcome but please be aware that the event ends at 10pm.
|17 August 2018||20:00 - 22:00||Available|