Enjoy a team of our volunteers reading Shaw's anti-suffrage play which lampoons those opposed to Votes for Women.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
A beautiful haughty singer and a woman used to the battlefield confront General Mitchener and Prime Minister Balsquith, who needs to don women's clothes to get through the crowds of female protesters in Downing Street. A surprising outcome tops this entertaining exploration of the (often female) anti-suffrage movement.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 10
Minimum group size 10
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Free event; duration 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Older children may be interested: note there are loud bangs!
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The play readings will take place on the main lawn starting at 14.30, weather permitting.
- What to bring and wear
- The readings will not take place in the event of rain. Limited seats provided so bring a rug for the grass or a folding chair if you prefer.
- Gravel paths leading to lawn.
- This is a volunteer-led rehearsed reading, not a professionally produced play.
|26 August 2018||14:30 - 15:45||Available|