RVW150 Gala Concert
An evening of celebration at Ralph Vaughan Williams childhood home.
- Booking essential
Be inspired by an intimate performance with violinist Midori Komachi and pianist Simon Callaghan performing a selection of RVW pieces.
The evening will also include ‘New Light on the Lark’ a talk by writer & broadcaster Andrew Green, which reveals the true origins of how the 'Lark Ascending' came to be written for the brilliant young violinist Marie Hall.
Also one of the first viewings of a short film celebrating the landscape which inspired both George Meredith and Vaughan Williams.
The ticket price will include a celebratory piece of birthday cake and a glass of bubbles. Additional drinks can be purchased on the night.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Accompanied children only.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Leith Hill Place. Park in the Rhododendron Wood car park.
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the occasion. Be aware that the walk from the car park may be muddy. Be aware the car park is unlit.
- Limited disabled parking at the front of the house. Please pre-book with the venue if required. Event will take place on the ground floor which has toilet facilities.
- Ticket price includes parking.