Tinsel and Tweed: House Entry (13 December - 2 January)
For entry to the House between 13 December - 2 January please pre-book your timed ticket here.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
This Christmas visits to the House are by pre-booked timed ticket only.
Pre-booked tickets are free to book, and will need to be presented to the Welcome Team upon arrival.
Entry is free for National Trust members, and normal admission applies to non-members.
Please note that your ticket time is a reflection of when you are able to enter the House, which is a 5-10 minute walk from the Visitor Centre. Once inside, you're able to take as long as you wish. The House closes at 3pm.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult and up to 3 children||£24.80||£22.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free entry for National Trust members.
Last Entry to the Gardens is at 16:30 daily
Please Note: Last entry to the House is at 14:00 daily
Pre-booking required for Tinsel & Tweed from 22nd November to 2nd January - Pre-booked house entry free of charge but admission charges still apply
Off-Peak pricing in place after 14:00 and during periods of house closue.
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- House entry tickets are free to book, and normal admission to the estate applies.
- This activity is perfect for the whole family.
- Meeting point
- Upon arrival, please be ready to present your e-ticket to the welcome team, which will indicate your entry window time. To enter the House, please meet at the front porch.
- What to bring and wear
- Don't forget to bring your e-ticket confirmation. The temperature of the House is controlled to protect the collection, and can sometimes be a little chilly! Please wrap up warm.
- For more information on the accessibility of the House, please call our Visitor Welcome team on 01223 810080 or email email@example.com. Mobiloo will be onsite from 12pm on 18 December.
- As the House has several staircases and narrow corridors, we are unable to admit pushchairs. Slings are most welcome. This Christmas, we have asked you to book a timed ticket so that we're able to maintain the conservation and care of the collection, and also to improve the experience inside the House.