Themed Highlights House Tours - Clementine Churchill
Delve deeper into the stories of Clementine, wife to Winston Churchill. This intimate one hour tour will take you through selected rooms of the house, including Winston's bedroom, with one of our knowledgeable guides.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Learn all about this extraordinary woman on a tour of selected rooms in the house, including exclusive access to Winston's bedroom.
Early booking is recommended as spaces are limited to 8 people. Please book at least 24 hours in advance as tickets can't be booked on the day or at the property.
Tickets include free flow entry to the gardens and the studio. Please arrive with plenty of time to spare so you can visit these before the tour starts. The site will close at 5pm when the tour finishes.
Event ticket prices
Adult £17.20Gift Aid
Child £8.60Gift Aid
- 2 Adults, up to 3 Children (Gift Aid) £43.00
- 2 Adults, up to 3 Children (Standard) £38.75
- NT member (with proof of membership on arrival) £0.00
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Last entry into the house is at 3.50pm, with our Highlights tour (8 places max) at 4pm. Entry to house by timed ticket (every 10 mins; places limited), sold on a first come first served basis. Tickets can sell out on weekends and during holidays; we recommend arriving before midday. You can pre-book select times through our website if done at least 24hrs in advance here. Parking is £4 for non-members and free for members. *Christmas* From 4 November, the house will be closed for winter apart from 7&8, 14&15, 21&22 December when select rooms will be dressed for Christmas. Please see 'Whole property Christmas' prices for these three weekends only.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Not suitable for children under the age of 12
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Head to the visitor centre on arrival with your email confirmation to receive a ticket before heading to the front of the house.
- What to bring and wear
- Please leave large bags and luggage in your car. Comfortable shoes are recommended though we can provide heel protectors.
- The tour involves stairs to the first floor and smaller steps between rooms and isn't recommended for wheelchair users.
- In September 2016 our Keep Churchill at Chartwell appeal was launched with the aim of raising £7.1 million to secure many of Churchill's belongings for the nation. In addition to securing objects in the collection, money raised from the appeal is also enabling new rooms to be opened - the first of which is Winston Churchill's bedroom. Due to the small size of the bedroom, and the narrow one-way corridor leading to it, the room is only available to view on a themed highlights tour.
|29 August 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|5 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|12 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|19 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|26 September 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|3 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|10 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|17 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|
|31 October 2019||16:00 - 17:00||Available|