Take a turn on the river behind the Mansion in a canoe or kayak and see the gardens from a new perspective.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Canoe uncharted waters this Easter to tick off number 50 on your 50 Things list.
Normal admission applies.
Suitable for 8+ years.
All equipment is provided and we recommend wearing comfortable outdoor clothing, water/windproof layers, and a pair of secure shoes which you don't mind getting wet (no jeans or flip flops).
Don't forget sun cream and a spare set of clothes, just in case!
To book call 0300 111 8030, and select option 3.
Event ticket prices
|1 Adult Family||£21.45||£19.50|
Minimum group size 10
Minimum group size 10
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Admission charges apply to non-members and are paid at Visitor Reception. When you buy your admission ticket to Shugborough you're directly helping to keep the estate a special place for ever, for everyone.
Parking is free of charge.
- Booking details
- Call 0300 111 8030
- Select option 3 when calling the booking number. Line may be closed on weekends
- Children are very welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please allow at least half an hour to get from the car park to the jetty. Pop into visitor reception for admissions first, and someone will point you in the direction of the canoeing.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothing you don't mind getting a bit mucky, and we recommend bringing an extra set just in case you get wet.
- The car park is approximately a mile from the canoeing area, and the activity itself may not be suitable for everyone. If you would like to discuss your needs further please get in touch.
- Dogs on leads are welcome on most of the estate, but there are restrictions around the river. Sadly dogs will not be allowed in the canoes.
|7 April 2018||10:30 - 15:30||Available|
|10 April 2018||10:30 - 15:30||Available|
|12 April 2018||10:30 - 15:30||Available|