Hedge Laying Courses 2019
An introduction to hedge laying using axes and billhooks where you will learn how to lay a Midland style hedge. Tea, coffee and lunch are provided.
- Booking essential
The course content includes the proper use of hand tools, side up and remove unwanted branches and stems on the hedge, cut and lay the pleachers with axe and hand saw, how to stake the laid hedge, and how to bind the stakes with withies
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Not suitable for children
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- The course will be taking place in the farmland at Cobbs Wood. Meet at the Rangers Workshop at Cobbs Wood Farm, use SG8 0BP on your sat nav to find us. Arrive at 9.30am for a prompt 10am start
- What to bring and wear
- Wear warm clothing and sturdy footwear. We will have tea and coffee at the Rangers workshop before we start. Lunch will consist of sandwiches, fruit and biscuits
- All equipment is provided. Hedge laying is physically demanding although you will be able to go at your own pace once you are set up
|19 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|