Chartwell Highlight Tours (Leadership and Legacy)
Join one of our expert volunteer guides on an intimate tour of select rooms in the house at Chartwell, focusing on Sir Winston Churchill's leadership stories and his everlasting legacy.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Running Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), our highlight tours take you around Chartwell house with one of our knowledgeable volunteer guides, including into Sir Winston Churchill's bedroom which is usually closed to the public.
Please note that as this is a highlight tour, it doesn't include access to all rooms of the house as a regular visit would. Those wanting to see the whole house will need to obtain a timed ticket to visit the house on a self-guided basis.
If you wish to also visit the gardens and estate, please feel free to arrive earlier than the time listed which is for the tour only. Normal admission into the gardens will still apply.
Please collect tickets at least ten minutes before the time stated. Tickets may be released to the public if not collected on time.
Event ticket prices
|One adult and up to three children||£23.10||£21.00|
|One adult and up to three children||£33.00||£30.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free entry for National Trust members. Car parking is £4 per car. Members can obtain a free parking ticket by scanning their membership card at the machines.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- The time listed is for your entry into the house, not the site - please arrive anytime from 10am.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please head to the Visitor Centre on arrival with your booking details to collect your tickets.
- What to bring and wear
- Indoor event.
- The tour includes several steps both between rooms and up staircases. Visitors should be prepared to be standing for 45 minutes.
- Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. • Face coverings are recommended in enclosed, crowded areas. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time. • If you arrive late, we can’t guarantee you entry. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.