Christmas in the Mansion 'Upstairs Downstairs'
Immerse yourself in the story of a great house as it prepares to welcome 'the great and the good' for a celebratory winter feast at Belton House.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
Lady Adelaide Brownlow has invited her friends to a celebratory dinner in honour of Belton's Creative Women, Sophia, Marian, Nina and Florence.
Lady Adelaide's most important guests will arrive with their personal servants who need to be instructed as to their duties while staying at Belton.
As a visitor to Belton this Christmas, we'll ask you to step into the shoes of a lady's maid or valet and experience the house as you've never seen it before. Advance booking is not available.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Entry to Belton House is free for National Trust members. If you have a Family or Joint Membership, please bring both your membership cards to gain admission.
Christmas in the Mansion 'Upstairs Downstairs' tours can't be booked in advance but are available every day between 24 November 2018 and 6 January 2019. Timed tickets should be picked up from visitor reception on arrival. Paying visitors with a 'Grounds Only Winter' ticket can buy a separate ticket for Christmas in the Mansion from visitor reception. Tours are popular on busy days can book up early.
Group bookings require a minimum of 15 people. The discount rate applies regardless how many National Trust members are in the group.
- Booking details
- Call Advance booking is not available.
- Admission is by timed entry only. Tickets from Visitor Reception. Advance booking is not available.
- May not be suitable for young children
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Timed entry tours. Tickets from Visitor Reception on a first come first served basis. Tours begin promptly at the given time from the scullery door.
- What to bring and wear
- Dress warmly with comfortable shoes as the house is not heated in the winter.
- The tour includes 3 flights of stairs. It lasts 50 minutes. A courtesy shuttle bus operates between Visitor Reception and the mansion. Parking in the main visitor car park.
- This is an audio tour and visitors will wear a headset for the duration of the tour. Tickets are limited. Tours are led by volunteers and we cannot guarantee availability on all published dates. Tours begin at 11am daily and run throughout the day until 3pm. Each tours lasts 50 minutes. Please allow a minimum of 15 minutes between ticket pick up and the start of your tour.
|14 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|15 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|16 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|17 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|18 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|19 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|20 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|21 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|22 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|23 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|24 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|26 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|27 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|28 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|29 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|30 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|31 December 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|1 January 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|2 January 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|3 January 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|