Music and Lights
Get into the festive spirit with seasonal music and rainbow lighting in the abbey
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Enjoy a live music performance 2-3pm in the abbey cellarium (selected days). Afterwards, take a stroll and enjoy the abbey lit up in rainbow colours or spot twinkling fairy lights in the trees.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 2 children||£28.10||£25.50|
Minimum group size 14
Minimum group size 14
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
National Trust & English Heritage members can visit free of charge as part of their membership. Please bring your membership card with you.
- Children welcome
- Meeting point
- Entry through any Admissions point.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sturdy footwear and warm clothing.
- If you'd like a seat for the music performance, please let a member of staff know. Mobility scooters are available to hire until 3pm. Wheelchairs are also available.
- This year, Music and Lights will take place weekends from the 19th November and daily in the school holidays. Live music performances will be: 19-20th November, 26-27th November, 3rd December, 10th December, 17-18th December. 31st December-1st January.