Apple tree pruning day
Pick up your secateurs and try your handiwork at helping the rangers care for the trees in Branscombe's historic apple orchard.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
Help give our trees a trim and learn about how pruning keeps them healthy, improving their productivity and making sure the branches are balanced.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- Booking details
- Call 01752 346585
- This free event will run as long as five bookings are made.
- Unfortunately this event is not suitable for children.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet the rangers in the Branscombe orchard in front of the Old Bakery, opposite the Forge. Grid ref: SY197 887 Sat Nav: EX12 3DB
- What to bring and wear
- Wear clothes suitable for the weather, including sturdy footwear. Bring a packed lunch too, and if you have work gloves and secateurs then please bring them. We can provide some spares if not.
- There's an easy, short and level walk along the village pathway to the orchard.
- There's limited National Trust parking by the Forge, free for members. Additional parking is available behind the village hall. This is not National Trust, please leave donations in the well.
|2 February 2018||10:00 - 15:00||Available|