Timed entry to Sutton Hoo (19 Oct - 25 Oct)
Book your timed entry to visit Sutton Hoo.
- Booking advisable
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers. To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot. You’re then welcome to stay until closing time.
Open for your visit this week: High Hall exhibition and Tranmer House (Saturday - Wednesday 10:30am - 3:30pm), Shop and Second Hand Bookshop (Saturday - Wednesday 10:00am - 4:00pm), King's River Cafe - daily 10:00am - 4:00pm and Estate Walks including Royal Burial Ground - daily 10:00am - 5:00pm.
Currently closed: Viewing Tower and play area.
Dogs on leads allowed on all estate walks but not in buildings.
Event ticket prices
Adult £8.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £4.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £20.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £12.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property. You will need your ticket to gain access and arrive within your selected 30 minute window to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Accessible route open to Royal Burial Ground. All buildings are ground floor only and accessible. Accessible toilets. Mobility vehicle hire not currently available.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. • Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Please follow social distancing and government guidance. Face coverings are required in most enclosed spaces so please bring one with you. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.