Second World War Operational Base Open Afternoon 2018
Descend into darkness and imagine life as a sabateur exploring our secret underground replica bunker on this family-friendly open afternoon. Coleshill Mill will also be open so why not pay a visit and see flour being made? (Dependent on water level)
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Discover Coleshill's hidden history and explore our replica Operational Base. Learn all about Churchill's Secret Army, which was based here at Coleshill. See the displays and quiz our volunteers about the lives of the Auxiliers, their training and bravery. This underground bunker has been built by our staff and volunteers to give visitors an insight into the secret world of these unsung heroes, who were the last line of defence if Britain was invaded.
- Accompanied children welcome
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Park at the Coleshill Estate office yard
- What to bring and wear
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions
- This is an underground bunker and access can be difficult for the less mobile
- There is no charge for admission to the Operational Base, but donations will be accepted and appreciated
|8 April 2018||14:00 - 17:00||Available|
|13 May 2018||14:00 - 17:00||Available|