Timed entry to Max Gate (20 July - 25 July)
Book your timed entry to visit Max Gate.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
Tours will last approximately 1 hour, please arrive at the house 15 minutes before your entry slot so that your visit can begin promptly.
Open for your visit this week: House and Garden. There is a toilet available (non accessible).
Visitors will be given a 20-30 minute introductory guided tour of the house and garden. The remaining time is for free exploration of the house and garden. Access to the upper levels of the house is via staircase. There are no café or refreshments available.
We have no car park; free street parking is available close to the house.
We accept card payments only, no cash.
Dogs on leads welcome in the garden. Assistance dogs only allowed inside the house.
Event ticket prices
Adult £8.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £4.00Non-member child (aged 5 - 17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £12.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £20.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- Max Gate has toilet facilities (not disabled). There is no car park at Max Gate. Limited parking is available on the street. Please park considerately to avoid blocking foot and cycle paths and the turning area. There is a 50 yard walk to the house from the street. Accessible route downstairs and in the garden at Max Gate. Dogs (on leads) welcome in the garden. Assistance dogs only in the house.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.