Morden Hall Park BioBlitz
Come and get involved in a race against time to find all the wildlife we can.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Become a wildlife explorer for the day and discover what's living on your doorstep. There's something for everyone, from adults and children to experts and beginners. Our team of local naturalists and wildlife watchers need your help to find and identify as many different species as we can before the clock runs out. Help us identify and record plants and animals within the park's many habitats including the wetlands and meadows.
- This is a family friendly event
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Join us at our BioBlitz basecamp outside the Stable Yard.
- What to bring and wear
- Bring a camera and/or binoculars if you have them!
- Walk routes follow surfaced paths, but some activities may go off the main visitor route.
- More information about this special event can be found on the National BioBlitz website: http://www.bnhc.org.uk/?post_type=bioblitz&p=11443 This year's BioBlitz event is in two parts: 3rd June - This is our action-packed day of species recording across the park, with lots of great activities to get involved with and experts from different organisations to speak to. 4th June - Our BioBlitz continues with 'BioBlitz Extra' as our volunteers and visiting experts take time to identify and record all the exciting species that we have found. There will also be some more hands on activities to take part in. Booking for walks will be sign-up on the day, and there will be ongoing drop-in activities. Booking in advance will be required for special morning and evening events, which you will find listed separately as (free) tickets become available. A timetable of BioBlitz activities can be viewed here closer to the event.
|3 June 2017||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|4 June 2017||10:00 - 16:00||Available|