Pine cone bird feeder activity
Join us in January to give nature a helping hand by creating a pine cone bird feeder.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Winter can be tough for birds and the extra food that feeders provide can help them prepare for spring. Our volunteers will be on hand from 12pm - 3pm to help guide you through making your own pine cone bird feeder to take away with you.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please check house opening information as times vary. From 23 March our garden, outbuildings, restaurant and shop are open daily from 10am to 5pm until 26 October when we open 11am to 4pm. During winter, Wolf's Den natural play area will be closed for repairs and maintenance.
- Children welcome
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at the ticket office for details of the days activities.
- What to bring and wear
- Wellies are recommended for wet weather and our puddle trail which will be running from 6 January - 2 February.
- Our gardens and outbuildings are fully accessible with ramped wheelchair access to the gardens. The paths in the garden are fine loose gravel.
- Dogs on leads welcome on our 1,200-acre estate and through to the Midden Yard, but are not allowed through to the garden, in the house, stables or restaurant.
|2 February 2020||12:00 - 15:00||Available|