Timed entry to The Firs (30 July - 1 Aug)
Book your timed entry to visit The Firs.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot and limit your stay to two hours for the benefit of other visitors.
Open for your visit this week: Visitor centre, cottage garden and cottage. Toilets and second-hand bookshop located within visitor centre.
Please note there is no tearoom.
Maximum visit duration 2 hours.
Dogs are welcome on leads within the visitor centre and the cottage garden. Assistance dogs only in birthplace cottage.
Event ticket prices
Adult £8.50Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £4.25Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £12.75
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £21.25
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- Designated mobility parking in main car park. Wheelchair access to visitor centre and garden. Limited wheelchair access to cottage. Accessible toilet located in visitor centre. Assistance dogs allowed.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.