Spring beach clean
Get hands on with helping care for special places, by joining the Rangers as we give this beautiful sandy beach a springtime spruce up.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
By cleaning South Milton Sands beach, we can ensure this wonderful area stays ship-shape for visitors every year, and protect the marine wildlife that live along our shores.
The rangers will be on hand with litter pickers and bags to start the collection, and every helping hand is appreciated.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Children are welcome accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- South Milton Sands, Thurlestone TQ7 3JY From Kingsbridge take the A381 towards Salcombe. Turn right to South Milton village, then left (signposted) to the beach. Meet by the boardwalk.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring a pair of gardening gloves and shoes suitable for getting wet. Dress for the weather, with layers and waterproofs if cold and suncream and sunhats if sunny.
- The beach is easy to access, though the sand is uneven and so unsuitable for wheelchairs.
- Parking is available onsite, charges apply and parking is free for National Trust members. Meet the rangers by the boardwalk from the car park.
|22 April 2020||11:00 - 12:00||Available|