New Year's Day Walk
Come and walk off those Christmas indulgencies and enjoy a healthy start to 2018 on our guided walk to around the Upton estate.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Start your new year with our guided walk around the Upton estate, enjoy a refreshing and stimulating couple of hours with our expert tour guide and walk off those Christmas mince pies! This walk is well known for its fantastic views and our guide will give you plenty of stories and local history information.
Our restaurant will be open as the walk finishes for a hearty bowl of soup or warming cup of tea and cake.
Event ticket prices
Family £20.002A 3C
Family £15.001A 3C
Family £15.002A 2C
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Booking advisable, but payments will be taken on arrival as well.
- Children who are willing and able to do a two mile walk with adults are welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Visitor Reception
- What to bring and wear
- Wrap up warm and wear some stout walking boots!
- This is a two and a half mile walk over fields and grasslands. If you wish to discuss your access requirements please contact the property.
- Dogs are welcome to join the walk as it is on the estate. Assistance dogs only are welcome on the Upton House property and in the restaurant.
|1 January 2018||10:00 - 11:30||Available|
|13:00 - 14:30||Available|