Landscape walk - East of Avebury circuit
The East of Avebury circuit heads out of the stone circle towards the Ridgeway, taking in prehistoric round barrows before returning by the Avenue. The volunteer guide will help you unlock the history of the landscape as you walk.
- Booking essential
As a World Heritage Site, the archaeologically rich landscape of Avebury has long been recognised as holding the key to our past. You can discover more of the landscape's history on this walk of around 2 miles which takes in part of Avebury stone circle, prehistoric round barrows and West Kennet Avenue. With beautiful vistas and wide open skies you can also enjoy the stunning scenery.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet outside the Museum Barn.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear suitable clothing for a walk outdoors and sturdy shoes.
- The walk will include some slopes and rough ground. Not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome. This is because some of the fields on the walk may have livestock in them. The walk is about two miles long and regular stops will be taken to talk about features in the landscape.
|7 October 2018||13:30 - 16:00||Available|