Timed entry to Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve (3 May - 9 May)
Book your timed entry to visit Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve.
- Booking advisable
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers. To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. Please follow government guidance when you visit.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot. You’re then welcome to stay until closing time.
Open for your visit this week: Sedge Fen (Boardwalk and woodland walk), for pre-booked visits only. Car park and trails on the wider nature reserve (Adventurers' Fen), including Lodes Way cycle path (no booking required). Docky Hut café open for takeaways and outdoor café seating. Visitor Centre and shop. Cycle hire open - call 01353 720274 to book bikes.
Currently closed: Fen Cottage and bird hides.
Sorry no dogs (other than assistance dogs) on Sedge Fen. We welcome dogs on leads on the wider reserve trails.
Event ticket prices
Adult £5.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £2.50Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £7.50
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £12.50
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property. You will need your ticket to gain access and arrive within your selected 30 minute window to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors.
- The Sedge Fen paths (Boardwalk and woodland walk) are suitable for wheelchair users; assistance dogs are permitted. The Lodes Way cycle path is an accessible route for visitors on Adventurers' Fen and is open (booking is not required for this). Mobility parking in main car park. Adapted toilet in the car park. Full access statement available on website.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow government guidance when you visit. Face coverings are required in indoor spaces, unless you’re exempt, so please bring one with you. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.