Autumn foraging course
Discover some of nature's wild food secrets on this half-day foraging course with Fred Gillam. You'll be able to enjoy walking through the Avebury landscape as Fred teaches you how to identify plants growing in our hedgerows, fields and woods.
- Booking essential
During the foraging course you'll also be able to taste some of nature's harvest which at this time can include parasol mushrooms, clover blossoms and nettle seeds.
Fred has 35 years foraging experience and has featured on ITV's Countrywise with Gino D'Acampo and Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show. He is a regular contributor on BBC local radio and is the author of 'Poisonous Plants in Great Britain'.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at the Alexander Keiller Museum: Barn Gallery in the Old Farmyard
- What to bring and wear
- Wear clothing suitable for a walk. Fred will stop during the walk for a light picnic lunch, please bring your own packed lunch.
- Not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs.
- Parking in the main National Trust car park is included in the ticket. Please display a copy of your ticket in the dashboard of your car.
|21 September 2019||10:30 - 14:30||Available|