Suffolk Walking Festival - Walk with a Shepherd and Sheepdog
Run as part of The Suffolk Walking Festival, join our shepherd as he manages our flock of rare breed sheep.
- Booking essential
Join Andrew, our shepherd, and Sweep, our sheepdog, as they manage our flock of rare breed sheep here on Orford Ness.
Hear how the flock is used to help maintain the habitats of Orford Ness and how the sheep create a perfect environment for nesting birds.
Run as part of The Suffolk Walking Festival. Tickets on sale via The Suffolk Walking Festival website.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call n/a
- Booking for this event is made via Suffolk Walking Festival and not the National Trust.
- Children welcome. Children under 5 free.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the National Trust Office on Orford Quay. There is no public parking on Orford Quay, please park in the main car park opposite the Jolly Sailor Pub (Pay and display, not National Trust)
- What to bring and wear
- The site is an exposed coastal location. Please dress for the weather. There are no catering facilities on Orford Ness, please bring your own refreshments.
- Access to Orford Ness is via our ferry, boarding of which will require negotiating steps, the number of which will depend on the tide. The steps can be slippery.