White Horse Chalking
Can you give us 30 minutes of your time to help keep the White Horse in tip-top condition?
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Get hands on and help us keep this wonderful historic Horse white for future generations. Every year, we spend hours scouring the White Horse of weeds and moss and then rechalking it. Come and get stuck into this peculiarly satisfying task and help keep the Horse visible for miles around. Protective gloves and a hammer are provided. Families are welcome - while you're here, why not tick off some '50 things' challenges by flying a kite, climbing a hill and rolling back down again.
- Booking details
- The chalking is available every 1/2 hour from 10am to 4pm. Just turn up on the day and have a go
- Accompanied children are welcome
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Park at the main car park (SN7 7QJ) and make your way up to the Horse. A National Trust staff member or volunteer will be there to guide you.
- What to bring and wear
- Clothing and footwear appropriate for weather conditions on the day is advisable. It can be very windy and there is no shelter at the site. Don't forget to bring your kite!
- There is a steep 10 minute uphill climb to the Horse from the car park
- Please note: There are no toilets or facilities on this site. There's a charge to park in our car park at White Horse Hill. National Trust members park free.
|6 July 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|7 July 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|25 August 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|26 August 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|