Stowe House Czech seminars *cancelled*
*Sorry, this event has been cancelled* A two day seminar focussing on two remarkable properties - Stowe in the UK and Lednice-Valtice in the Czech Republic.
- Booking essential
Hosted at Stowe House (not NT). Looking at the resurgence of two key historic estates and what lessons can we learn regarding their evolution, restoration and exploration. This series of seminars will draw together ideas and experiences from two countries to establish links and best practice. Please note accommodation is not included with this event.
Event ticket prices
Adult £250.00Two day seminar, formal dinner Wed, buffet Thurs
Adult £195.00Two day seminar and buffet dinner on Thursday eve
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Hosted by Stowe House (not NT). Please contact Anna McEvoy for details about the event.
- Not suitable for children under 18.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- This event takes place at Stowe House (not NT). Parking at the north side of the estate, at the entrance to Stowe House/School. Directions will be given with booking information.
- What to bring and wear
- There is some walking between venue sites. While the seminar is fully accessible, part of the seminar involves a tour around the landscape gardens. Please bring appropriate footwear and clothing.
- The venue is fully accessible but please let us know on your booking form if you have any access requirements.
- *cancelled* Weds 5th April 2017 Formal dinner 6pm - 10pm Thursday 6th April 2017 seminar 9.30am - 10pm (to include buffet dinner) Friday 7th April 2017 seminar 9am - 5.30pm (Accommodation not included) Distinguished speakers including Jeremy Musson (architectural historian), Tim Knox (Director of The Fitzwilliam Museum), Richard Wheeler (National Trust's National Specialist in Garden History), David Adshead (Director for Attingham Summer School) and chaired by Martin Drury (former Director-General of the National Trust) and Andrew Fane (Chairman of the Stowe House Trustees), with a welcome by Simon Murray (National Trust's Senior Director). Speakers from the Czech Republic include Nada Goryczkova (Director General of the National Heritage Institute (NPU)), Ina Truxova (Landscape Architect for the NHU), Igor Kyselka (Director of Historical Gardening Culture (NPU), Kamila Krejciríková & Premysl Krejcirík (Landscape Architects).
|6 April 2017||12:00 - 22:00||Cancelled|
|7 April 2017||12:00 - 22:00||Cancelled|