Turbulence to Tranquility walking tour
Discover the fascinating and turbulent history of Dunwich Heath on this walking tour!
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Dunwich Heath has a long history beyond it's acquisition by the National Trust, and this walking tour will show you around the site to delve into it's past as a smugglers haven, coastguard lookout, World War One spotting station, and World War Two D-Day training ground. It's time to discover how the heath went from Turbulence to Tranquility...
Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- This event is not suitable for children.
- Meeting point
- Meet outside the visitor welcome hut
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress suitably for the weather conditions on the day. Sturdy footwear is also advisable as some paths are uneven.
- Accessible to all, but please note that this outdoor activity will take place on mixed terrain. An off-road mobility scooter is available to hire, but please book this in advance.
- Parking fee not included in ticket price. Non-members please purchase a parking ticket on arrival, members scan your cards.