Walk and Talk with an Archaeologist
Follow in the footsteps of our ancestors with archaeologist Dr Nick Snashall on this half-day walk through the Avebury landscape.
- Booking essential
You will explore a Neolithic tomb, encounter Europe's largest prehistoric mound and learn how the latest discoveries are transforming our ideas of ancient Avebury. End the walk by joining Nick for lunch on your return to Avebury. Lunch included, served in the Avebury Manor Tea-room
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the Museum Barn in the Old Farmyard, at least 15 minutes before the walk begins
- What to bring and wear
- Wear suitable clothing and sturdy shoes
- The walk is about 3.5 miles long and includes some slopes and rough ground. To allow walkers to properly hear Dr Nick Snashall, you will be provided with a headset for the walk.
- Tickets include free parking in the main National Trust car park. Please show a copy of your event ticket on the dashboard of your car.
|6 July 2017||10:00 - 14:30||Available|