A Tudor Christmas with Alison Weir & Siobhan Clarke
Join authors Alison Weir and Siobhan Clarke for a festive evening as they explore Christmas traditions of the past.
- Booking essential
Explore the age of some of our favourite Christmas traditions with these two historians and writers, as they show that the Tudors are responsible for more of our winter habits than usually thought. Carol singing, mulled wine and mince pies were all just as popular in Tudor times, and even Father Christmas and roast turkey originate from this time. The authors will be signing their new book after the talk.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Suitable for ages 10 and up
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The talk will take place in the terrace room on the ground floor.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sturdy footwear to get you from the car park to the house. (Approx 10 minute walk). Please bring cash or card if you wish to make any purchases.
- Parking for less able visitors is available at the house - please book in advance on 01306 711685
- Your ticket will include a glass on mulled wine or spiced apple juice. Please bring a torch with you to get to and from the car park, as there is no lighting.
|7 December 2018||17:30 - 19:00||Available|