Guided Walk: Sizergh Fell
Enjoy a 1.5 mile guided walk on Sizergh’s farmed estate.
- Booking advisable
- Free event
This short walk is a Sizergh must. Discover important archaeological sites (including a pre-historic burial mound) and glimpse the views over Morecambe Bay. Sizergh Fell’s limestone grassland is teeming with life, from diverse grasses and flowers to invertebrates and birds - all who thrive here thanks to the light grazing of the native breed cattle. This walk takes about two hours.
- Booking details
- Call 015395 69818
- Walks are limited to 10 people and there must be a minimum of two people for the walk to go ahead.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet outside Visitor Reception (in the main building just off the car park).
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear stout footwear and suitable clothing for the weather on the day (walking boots and waterproofs are always recommended!)
- The walk is over uneven terrain with some short steep sections in parts. The surface is mainly grassy footpaths and tracks.
- The walks are free, but please remember our car park is pay and display (or if you're a National Trust member, please scan your membership card at the machine for a free ticket). Any donations towards the upkeep of the estate would be greatly appreciated.