The World Tree; Storytelling walk with Lisa Schneidau
As part of the Saving Devon's Treescapes project, Lisa Schneidau takes us to another world through a storytelling walk, through Wembury Woods.
- Booking essential
- Free event
Lisa Schneidau tells ancient stories from the Norse, Irish and British traditions in this storytelling walk, peppered with natural history and sharp observation. Find out how ash trees have always been at the centre of change – and why the old stories tell us of hope and renewal.
This session is part of the summer events series by Saving Devon's Treescapes, a project led by Devon Wildlife Trust on behalf of the Devon Ash Dieback Resilience Forum, and funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Read more about the project and find other ways to get involved here: https://www.devonwildlifetrust.org/what-we-do/our-projects/saving-devons-treescapes.
The event is open to all, however, we will be walking across a wooded area and the ground may be uneven. Assistance dogs only please.
- Booking details
- Call 01752 346585
- Children are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
- Meeting point
- Old Barton Farm, Wembury, PL9 0DN. We are meeting in a field, the postcode will not guide you to the exact point. More details under Other info. What3Words ///wimp.brother.kebab
- What to bring and wear
- Dress appropriately for the weather, sun cream, etc. Wear sturdy footwear suitable for uneven ground. Bring a drink and snack.
- Some steep sections of path, through woodland, Approx. 2/3 miles. Nearest WC at Wembury Beach car park.
- Directions from Plymouth. On Wembury Road after Trescan House, take the next left onto a track heading towards Foxcove Scout Campsite, Wembury. Parking in field 300m up this track.