Cliveden House Visits March- July 2022
An opportunity to peek inside Cliveden House, which operates as a five-star hotel and is not usually open to the public. Tickets are required, please collect from them from the Information Centre on the day.
- Booking not needed
- Admission applies
Cliveden house is currently leased as a luxury country house hotel and, to protect the privacy of its guests, the house is not open to the public. However, for limited times of the year the doors of the glamorous ground floor open to visitors on a 30 minute guided visit, run by our volunteers.
You'll also have a chance to see some of the most intriguing rooms, some of which were enjoyed by the likes of Winston Churchill, Charlie Chaplin and the Queen Mother.
The tours run from 14 March until 21 July and then resume after a summer break from 5 September until 8 December. They run on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11 am and 12.30 pm, dependent on volunteer availability. Please note that house visits do not run on Bank Holidays or during any school holidays.
Tickets are essential, and can be collected on the day of your visit from the Information Centre in the Walled Garden car park. We are unable to offer pre-booking prior to your visit. We recommend you collect your tickets as soon as possible to ensure your place on the guided house visit.
Event ticket prices
|Family 1 adult||N/A||£24.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
We're open seven days a week and we no longer have a booking system in place for visits. Please note, to be eligible for the group price, your group has to comprise 15 or more people and be booked in advance. Please contact the estate office on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book.
- National Trust members have free entry.
- Children under 5 are free
- Children 5 -17 (inclusive) pay the child rate. 18+ pay the adult rate.
- Two adult family = 2 adults and up to 3 children
- One adult family = 1 adult and up to 3 children
- Group = pre-booked party of 15 or more
- Parking on the estate is at no extra cost
- The house visits are more suited to an adult audience
- Meeting point
- Tickets are available from the Info Centre in the Main Visitor Car Park. The visit starts outside the West Wing entrance of the Hotel.
- Unfortunately, Cliveden House is not wheelchair accessible. Visitors with walking frames/sticks/cane seats can access the house at their own discretion. Guides and visitors are encouraged to make their own choice about whether they will wear masks in the house. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate dogs on house visits.