Bat watch walk
After dark Gibside becomes a playground for thousands of bats as they emerge to feed. Armed with bat detectors and local bat experts, learn how to monitor and identify bat populations.
- Booking essential
Bats often get a bad rap but we think they’re fascinating creatures. As the only flying mammal there is a lot we don’t know about them and their behaviour varies from species to species. Our walk is led by bat enthusiasts who are bursting to share all they know with you. Using bat detectors to pick up bats’ echolocation signals and Gibside ranger team knowledge of their favourite roosting spots we hope you’ll see thousands of bats emerge for their evening feed.
Event ticket prices
All £10.00includes cake and a hot drink
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children are welcome but must be supervised by an adult.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet your guide at visitor reception.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sturdy but comfortable shoes, wrap up warm and bring a torch.
- This is a walking event which crosses some uneven terrain. The route may be muddy in wet weather. Please note, it will be dark
- If you have any specific dietary requirements please advise Gibside direct in advance of 11 May. Please note that we are unable to provide a refund for cancellations within 7 days of the date of this event.
|11 May 2019||20:00 - 22:00||Available|