Hands on for Home Educators
Join us on the first Monday of the month for a practical outdoor work session aimed at families who home educate.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Sessions will be suitable for a mix of ages, but children should be over 5 years old. Please get in contact if your child has any additional needs. Gloves and tools will be provided, but please come dressed for the outdoors and expect to get your hands dirty.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
We also offer a number of group tours available on prior request via our main office:
Kedleston Hall State Floor Tour - £17.50pp (Please note that State Floor Tours are not available Friday-Sunday or Bank Holidays)
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet a Visitor Reception where you will be shown the way to the Game Larder when the event takes place
- What to bring and wear
- Make sure you dress for the weather! We advise wear wellies or sturdy boots.
- The group meets outside the Game Larder for a 10:30am start, so please allow time to make your way from Visitor Reception. Please note that there is no session in May due to the bank holiday
|2 September 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|7 October 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|4 November 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|2 December 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|